In an effort to simplify the user experience and enable future expansion, we recently emailed users having multiple Clients under their Safestacks accounts asking that they change their “Unlock Codes.” If you fall into this group, you should have received the email below with detailed instructions.
For the rest of you with only one Client in the system, you don’t need to do anything.
Here’s the email that was sent…
Please read this email. We need you to make an important change to your Safestacks account ASAP.
We are improving the Unlock Code Security model that we use to protect your important data. However, before we make this change, we need you to update your existing Unlock Codes.
Here’s what to do
- Sign in to your site at https://YOUR-SITE-ADDRESS.safestacks.com/admin/clients
- Click the first Client in the list to edit the Client
- If you are no longer using the Client, click the “Delete” button to get rid of it.
- Enter your “Old Client Unlock Code”
- If you don’t remember it, try entering Safestacks. If that doesn’t work, there’s not much we can do. For your security, we don’t have it on file. If you no longer need the Client, click the “Delete” button to get rid of it. Otherwise, if you do need the Client, please contact me to discuss.
- Enter a “New Client Unlock Code” and remember it (you’ll use this for the other Clients on your list)
- Click the “Save” button
- Repeat this process for each Client on your list; ensuring that you enter the SAME “New Client Unlock Code” for each Client.
- Once finished, please email me back so that we can check you off the list.
The reason for the change
We’re doing this so that we can add new system-wide features. And, as an added bonus, this will also ensure that you only have to remember a single Unlock Code for your entire account (rather than one for each Client as it is now). But, before we do anything, we need to ensure that all of your Clients use the same Unlock Code.
If you are no longer using Safestacks, let me know and we’ll cancel your account.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Otherwise, I hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks for the help!
Jeff Teschke | Safestacks